Monday 26 October 2015

A person who had inspired me most

Has there ever been a person in your life who had inspired you to do something or just astonishes you with their achievements? The person I admire most is not any normal man. You can call him a machine because he never stops. He worked hard for his first degree in Economics at the age of 21 and since then he has never stopped studying. Even while he was holding a senior post in a statutory board, he managed to take care of his family and at the same time found time to study and to acquire one degree after another.

Now, the person I admire most has one ambition and that is to earn himself one more degree that will allow him to become a qualified lawyer. What is so special about it, you may ask. This is where he inspires me, because he is 64 years old and is still going strong. It is definitely special because the man I am talking about has EIGHT degrees already in his cap and he is now working for his ninth degree, Barrister at Law in England.


As I said, the person I admire is no ordinary man. He is Mr Clement and he is my DAD.  When people at his age are planning to retire, he is planning for new jobs. You inspire me, DAD!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Nathan, for this post. We had talked a bit about your father, so I was expecting something like this. Without a doubt your dad's achievements are outstanding, and very unique. I'm just curious: What drives him? What makes him tick? And do you see the same sort of attributes in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brad, thank you for the comment. Knowing that he can achieve the impossible drives him. I guess i can see similar attributes because we both do not give up in what we belief in.

      Delete
  2. He Nat. I'm amazed. Your father's determination to keep studying is certainly unmatched to anyone of his age. I do not think I will be able to do a quarter of his achievements. I'm sure your father's drive to continue studying has been instilled into you too. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course but the pressure is there to perform like him. Not easy keeping up with him. HAHA

      Delete
  3. Hi NatF,
    We have the same general idea of using one of our parents as someone who inspires us. Like it is a no brainer they are the ones whom we look up to first as a baby and to follow to be like them, well on the positive sides anyways. However, I feel that you could elaborate more in giving in details as well as putting more personal touch to your post. In all it is a good post but can be better.
    Cheers,
    Sha

    ReplyDelete