Wednesday 2 December 2015

Reflections on the Group's Oral Presentation

Hey there,

Here is my post my on my Group's oral presentation. Hope you guys do not get bored. 

As our presentation was on Monday, 16 November, my teammates and I stayed back in school on the Friday 13 November, to practice and to prepare ourselves for the presentation. Though we were all well prepared, on the actual day itself, we had butterflies in our tummies, but we put up a brave front and did our presentation confidently. As for me, I felt that through my delivery I had managed to convince our stakeholders (classmates) to support Triple N’s product, Ez Hangz.

During the presentation, I made sure that I had good eye contact with the audience and at the same time engaged the audience by asking them questions. To further capture the audience, I did not stand at one spot in order to keep the attention on me. That worked out well as I was able to bring my point across while holding the audience’s attention.  After the presentation, some of the feedback that I received were: engaging, interesting, enthusiastic, cheeky and I also received pointers on how to further improve on my delivery. The feedback really boosted my morale.

But, there is always room for improvement. What I felt that I did not do as well during the presentation was that my slides had a little too much animation and that distracted the audience, as my classmate, Sharina pointed out to me. Also, I should not have apologised when I made a mistake as it drew attention to the mistake, but should have acted as if nothing had happened, as Brad correctly pointed out. I guess I could have also been a little less aggressive when selling my product, which was also mentioned by some of my classmates.

Overall, I felt the presentation went really well and my group mates did a fantastic job in marketing Ez Hangz. I was really glad that I was given this opportunity to work them. Taking the feedback into consideration and the lessons learnt, I will definitely strive to give a more polished presentation the next time round.

Cheers! 


5 comments:

  1. Dear Nathanael Franklin,

    I like your group's idea on the concept of automatic hanging poles.It is a very practical idea which i would most certainly use and many other singaporeans living in HDB flats would too.To be honest,I was quite dissapointed on your part of the presentation as i expected a more "natural" easy going nathanael.I felt that you would be more convincing if you were not too aggressive with the selling point of your proposal.Overall, your group did a terrific job and i love the idea of EZ hangs :D

    Best Regards,
    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again, Radhi.

    I liked your presentation. I think you did better the second time you presented your proposal to the cohort. Definitely less cheeky which is good. :D
    The pricing of the product is misleading though. I told you before, I installed a manual retractable hanger and it costed about $800. For an automated product to cost $200, seems too good to be true.
    Overall, it was an engaging presentation. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi NatF,
    I do believe that you are on of the few good speakers in our awesome class T5. I like how you present your ideas and yet stay professional through the whole presentation. I also can see how you improve further on your second presentation during the showcase. Confidence is the key!
    Cheers,
    Sha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the extensive and self critical reflection, Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the extensive and self critical reflection, Nathan!

    ReplyDelete